HISTORY


HISTORY

Samuel Long, MD
The practice that became the Chattanooga Eye Institute was started in 1912 by Dr. Samuel Long, father of Dr. Ira Long, making it the oldest ophthalmology practice in the Chattanooga area.
 
In 1994, Dr. Charles Kirby took over and changed the name to the Chattanooga Eye Institute. Since that time, Dr. Kirby and his talented staff have greatly expanded the scope of services offered while remaining at the forefront of new technology, treatments and procedures.
 
Now offering advanced cataract, and other laser surgeries, groundbreaking clinical trials, oculoplastic surgery and procedures as well as a full line of glasses and contact lenses, the Chattanooga Eye Institute has a well-deserved reputation for being a leader in the field of eye care and overall eye health. 
Ira M. Long, MD
Share by: